Tuesday, August 2, 2011

PTI Make it Monday #26

This week's technique is about decreasing Apertures. I think it's super cool and it's a brand new technique for me to try the first time.

I used PTI stack mat 2 die and then the scalloped circle die from love lives here. In the middle I used the circle image from love lives here. It all paired up pretty well. The raspberry fizz works well with aqua mist. Then I was stuck. I don't know what to do with the bottom part of the card. I finally struggle an idea to ink some polka dots and a ribbon with a button on it.

I don't know if I can shake off the excess glitter without ruining the whole card. So I thought it may be a good idea to substitute the glitter window with a piece of clear cardstock. I stamped the sentiment on the window and it all went well until...... I put them together!


I did heat the ink on the clear cardstock, but apparently it was not dried. I wish there were an ink eraser. Oh, please let me know if there IS such a thing.

I was just about giving it all up, then I made the final attempt. I stamped the heart again and cut it out by hand. The heart covered the accident pretty well, and there you go: if I have TWO hearts, they will always be with you as well.


Here is the finished card. I have truly understood my limitation in making cards by now. I think I should probably just give up the making card part, and only focus on hoarding all the PTI goodies:)

3 comments:

  1. how clever to sandwich a piece of stamped clear cardstock between your layers....great oops cover up...sometimes the best designs come out of fixing mistakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent recovery on the booboo! The trials and tribulations of paper crafting, eh? It turned out beautifully. I love each element and the way they all fit together so nicely...

    ReplyDelete