Saturday, July 23, 2011

A blind date card

Today is Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-faire day. I can't express my excitement more when I saw a new card and a challenge everytime I refreshed Nicole's blog page.

I'm going to put it short before I miss the submission time:) I took the challenge 7, which is making a card layering 2 or 3 images from different sets together.

My first thought was paring beautiful bloom with the signature series: flower. It didn't worked out. I tried quite a few sets and they all didn't match very well.

Finally it worked out with pairing Dot Spots and Giga Guide lines:

The interesting thing is the dots peeked through the top image as you can see below:


I used the sentiment from Giga Guide lines as well, on the fillable frame 10. I always like to use the sentiments coming with the set. Nothing really fancy. The colors I first decided were two shades of blue. I planned to use Ocean Tides as the matting, then I wanted to make it a happy bright card, so I changed to Pure Poppy. But when I had another look, I really should have used the sentiment " Happy July Forth"! Well, I guess I will just save it for someone whose birthday is close to that then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment